Glass Shower Doors and Enclosures in Houston
Since your shower takes up a significant portion of your bathroom, you should take your time when considering its design. Instead of installing a traditional, low-budget bathtub/shower with a shower curtain, you might consider taking your shower to the next level by installing an elegant shower door and glass enclosure. However, deciding exactly what kind of door and enclosure to install can be difficult without the right help. Hurricane Glass & Mirror has decades of experience designing and installing glass shower doors and enclosures in Houston. Come by our Houston location to get an idea of what glass products we have to offer.
Types of Shower Doors
The first step is to measure your space and familiarize yourself with the various types of shower doors. Here are a few common shower doors you might consider for your enclosure.
- Sliding Door: Sliding doors, or bypass doors, take up the least amount of space. A sliding shower door is also a good option if you wish to replace your shower curtain without significantly altering your bathroom.
- Pivot Door: A pivot door is designed to swing open from a single side, much like a traditional door. You might consider installing a pivot door if you have some extra space in your bathroom.
- Round Door: If your shower is in the corner of your bathroom, you might install a round shower door. Curved shower doors are stylish and great for smaller shower areas.
Advantages of Glass Shower Enclosures
If you’re getting tired of your shower curtain, installing a glass shower door may be a smart option. You can expect the following benefits from installing a glass shower door and enclosure.
- Easy to Clean: Once the plastic lining of your shower curtain gets moldy, you may have to throw it out. Glass shower enclosures, on the other hand, are very easy to clean.
- Elegant Appearance: A professionally installed glass shower door can give your bathroom a level of sophistication that a shower curtain can’t quite achieve. A transparent shower enclosure also makes it easy to show off your shower area’s tile work.
- Waterproof Seal: A wet bathroom floor can be dangerous. Most glass enclosures have a tight waterproof seal that prevents water from leaking onto the floor.
Make Us Your Trusted Houston Glass Company
Why should you choose Hurricane Glass Company for your shower or tub?
- We specialize in custom frameless glass enclosures that are sturdy and easy to clean.
- Our in-house production facility and professional installers make us a one-stop shop.
- We have four decades of experience in custom glass products.
- We service residential and commercial clients across the Houston Area.
Hurricane Glass & Mirror of Houston has numerous shower door options. If you visit our Houston location, you’re bound to find a shower door that suits your bathroom. Call (281) 487-6438 in you have any questions about shower doors or glass repair.